Monday, February 17, 2014

The Beaufort flood and pledge for assistance

I got these pics via mobile application, WhatsApp, from a friend who has some on-going works in Beaufort.

The flood there is no doubt one of the worse ones the folks had to endure in many years. Other than Beaufort, the other two districts in Sabah that are currently badly hit by flood are Tenom and Keningau.



The Daily Express front page today, 17-02-2014


There is already pledge from the Ministry of Rural and Regional Development to help rebuild the houses of those affected. Also, the state government will look at the plight of the people in these flood-hit districts.

Importantly, and most appropriately, our Prime Minister should move in and assure the people of Beaufort, Keningau and Tenom that similar financial assistance would be given to them, just as those in Kedah, Terengganu, Kelantan and Johor few months back.

I don't see why they would not be entitled to such assistance.


Here are some pictures:





















There are also bird eye views of the flooded Beaufort but I would not share those here.

It's that bad and it should make headlines in the many national TVs.

4 comments:

Meitzeu said...

Totally a headline last week :(

mt
Meitzeu @ Blog

Meitzeu @ Facebook

Meitzeu @ Twitter

de engineur said...

Sadly, the news didn't catch the attention of the relevant authorities, as well as the mainstream media until after several days.

Only local newspapers highlighted them!

Gordy @ Kitou said...

This also happened in my town Keningau...

de engineur said...

I was listening to Sabah Vfm this morning and the Tenom Member of Parliament mentioned that the flood in Tenom was the worst since 1981.

It must be that bad!