Same specs, same performance. Only difference is form factor?
Cheaper version with plastic cover?
Most analysts believe the concept of the iPhone 6 is to offer a cheaper iPhone for people in lower income brackets and emerging markets, including China and India, two largely untapped markets for Apple, who can't readily afford the newest high-end iPhone.
Five features of the iphone 5S (iPhone 6) you should expect to see:
1. Plastic but less scratchy form factor. The iPhone 6 is expected to release with many of the same features of the iPhone 5, but the key difference will be the form factor. The anodized aluminum body of the iPhone 5 will be replaced by a cheaper, but sturdier and more scratch-proof, polycarbonate shell.
2. Same iPhone 5 specs, same iPhone 5 performance. If this one materialise, it will be disappointing but it is believed Apple will release the iPhone 6 with most of the same specs as the iPhone 5, including a 4-inch Retina display at 326 ppi, an A6 chip, a FaceTime HD camera and an 8-megapixel rear side camera.
3. Five candy colors. The major difference between last year's iPhone 5 release and this year's budget iPhone 6, besides the new polycarbonate enclosure, will likely be its availability in five colors.
4. Pre-loaded with iOS 7. Phone hardware tends to get more attention than its software, but the operating system running on the iPhone 6 is just as vital to the iPhone experience as the phone itself.
5. It will be cheaper by a mile. Many people predicted the iPhone 6 would release at a price between $450 and $550 without contract. That would be around RM 1,500 to RM1,900 so, for a phone with similar performance with the iPhone 5, that price would be attractive.
Fancy multiple colour choices? Not me!
TheGreenMechanics: Eagerly waiting for September 10 announcement.