Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) yesterday advised the public to take safety precautions while using electrical appliances during the Aidilfitri season.
Image credit: redbeacon.com
Tenaga Nasional Berhad outlined some basic safety measures that could be adopted by you and me in order to prevent any mishap:-
- Avoid making wiring extensions on your own.
- Obtain the services of electrical contractors registered with the Energy Commission for installation of additional wiring in your premises and to notify the TNB.
- Do not to use too many electrical adaptors to avoid the wire getting heated up.
- Avoid wearing metal ornaments such as watches, chains or rings when installing electrical gadgets.
- Keep the extension wire away from wet areas in the case of electrical gadgets installed outside the house,
- Ensure that the Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker (ELCB) sockets, plugs and other electrical appliances were functioning.
- Switch off and remove plugs from the power source when they are not in use or before leaving the house.
The public were told not to go near TNB restricted areas.
Consumers can contact TNB for feedback:
- Call, by phone or text to 15454 - for power outages and faulty street lights
- Call 1300-88-5454 - for inquiries on electric bills and related matters. For SESB, SMS to 33154, and the toll-free line is 1-800-88-1355
- e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.facebook.com.my/tnbcareline.
- SESB can be reached at this e-mail: email@example.com
TheGreenMechanics: This does seem like the usual safety measures we're being fed every now and then, but you've got to take this seriously. You don't want your iron left on the ironing board, switched on during the long weekend.